Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #91
    Inactive Member imported_Hokies4Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2007
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    If he was 4.7 VT wouldnt look at him for WR or DB. Plus just look at his stride he doesnt look as fast as he really is.

  2. #92
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    dude Anquan Bolden runs a 4.7 and Im pretty sure VT would offer him lol.

    You do realize Devin Hester only runs a 4.43 right?

  3. #93
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    According to HokieHaven.com Fuller isn't 4.5.

    Wide Receiver
    Richlands (VA) Richlands High

    Ht: 6-foot-2
    Wt: 190 lbs
    Forty: 4.69 secs
    GPA: 3.5
    Class: 2008 (High School)
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #94
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I think you are misunderstanding my point. I wasn't trying to take anything away from pv they deserve the championships they've won and yes a couple of those teams maybe could have won the AA title as well. I was just trying to point out that the VHSL's system has really hurt Haysi and costed them a couple of championships. They are just slightly larger than Appy but have had to play div 2 all these years and have been close to if not the smallest div 2 school in the state all the while. PV has not been affected as much by the gross unfairness of the system because they are a pretty decent sized div 2 school. What is even more unfair is that all this time Haysi has been div 2 over half of the div 1 schools in the state have been larger. How can anyone in the world claim that is fair?

    Once again I will just point out that Thomas Jones DID indeed start in '93. He started at TAILBACK in the Haysi game. I have the tape if anyone wants to see it. Greg Bishop started too but it was at wingback. Jones had more carries than any other PV back in that game...but Bishop did have the long TD run. I think Jones scored the other PV td on a shorter run but I would have to check the tape again to verify that.

  5. #95
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Jones at tailback and Bishop at a wing back vs. Haysi was a wrinkle Robbins put in to try to compensate for a poor line. I don't think that was used in any regular season games and was designed to free Bishop up for bigger runs. Most in the Valley have always believed that Phil basically started building for the 94 season after the 93 regular season was over. But, most recognize that the 93 team didn't have the line play to go any furter than they did either. And, I wasn't knocking Haysi either...all I was saying is that until recently there wasn't that much difference for Division 1..and really once a school is big enough to be Division 2, there should be enough kids to field as good a football team as if they had 100-150 more kids. That's just my opinion..but the bigger the classification, the better the chance of a smaller school within that division to play with other teams in the same division.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #96
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    How many students does Haysi have?

  7. #97
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Any idea on how many times Haysi and Powell Valley have played in say the last 15 years and the win/loss record?


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VHSLhelper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cvcgrad : about Haysi-PV : impossible. They didn't play in the regular season when the Jones' were there.
    Seems like sup-r is saying that the '93 team couldn't have beaten Giles.

    pre-Jones era :
    1990 - Haysi loses season opener to PV, which goes 14-0.
    1991 - Haysi wins season opener; PV goes 5-5.
    Thomas era :
    1993 - Haysi wins playoff game, then loses to Giles - TJ was player of the year
    1994 - Haysi loses playoff game - PV wins state - TJ was PoY again
    Julius era :
    1995 - Haysi loses playoff game - PV wins state - JJ made all Region D.
    1996, 97, 98 - didn't meet. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  8. #98
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I have to agree with BJG on this look at the Haysi 05 team there is no doubt that that team was better than the Burton Team that made the State game and IF Haysi had been in any other reagion in the state they would have been Div 1.......NOW I am not saying that Haysi would have won the state championship in Div1 that year BUT they would have had a shot.

    Look at Richlands as well last year they were as domanating a team as I have seen in SWVA and while they did bring back the state crown last year vs a much larger opponet it was a super clase game and Schools cant load up teams like that ever year (or even ever 3 or 4 years)

  9. #99
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    "and really once a school is big enough to be Division 2, there should be enough kids to field as good a football team as if they had 100-150 more kids."

    That's my point. Haysi was in Div 2 all these years when they would have been div 1 if they had been in any other region in the state. So in reality they were not big enough to be in div 2 under a fair system. I agree with part of what you are saying. A school with 300 kids should be able to field a good football team and be able to compete against schools with 400 to 500 kids. Haysi has done that over and over again year after year. But when you get into that 600 to 700 area then it gets a little tougher and schools with 300 kids like Haysi have a much harder time on a consistent basis than say somebody like PV or Lebanon. Schools with 600 and 700 kids are able to have 11 different starters on both offense and defense. Schools like Haysi have too many guys going both ways to compete with that. Heck even a middle sized div 2 school like PV usually only has 1 or 2 guys going both ways. I remember my sr year when we beat them down at Bullitt most of what we heard afterward was about how young they were. Yes that was probably true but when you look over on their sideline and they have 75 to 80 guys dressed out it's hard to feel sorry for them very long. We dressed out 29 guys that year. We had 7 guys playing both ways. I don't know if PV even had 1.

  10. #100
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I don't think Haysi would've won the div 1 state championship in '05 Counts. William Campbell was too tough. I do believe they would have been runner up though. I think Haysi would've also been runner-up in '04 but would've had a shot against Franklin. I believe they would've made the state semi-finals in '03 before losing to Bath County. I believe '94 and '91 would have been state championship years. '94 would have been a great game with Appy but I believe Haysi had the advantage. In '91 no division 1 team in the state would've had much of a chance(Appy would've been toughest game with Clark and Radio). '93 would have been a region championship loss to Appy instead of a region championship win over PV. Clintwood would've had their shots as well. '96 and '99 come to mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •